Move around more throughout the day. Don't just restrict movement to your classes. Sedentary lifestyles are making us all fat, break up your day sitting at a desk:
- Make your phone calls standing up
- Every 30 minutes get up stand on your toes reach for the ceiling, get everyone to do it and you won't feel quite so foolish!
- Every hour get up and walk up stairs or to someone in the furthest part of the office.
- Reclaim your lunchtime, your brain needs a rest. Go for walk outside or go to a class.
- Invest in a fitbit, they are great to get you monitoring your movements throughout the day and also count your steps, 10,000 a day should be your minimum number of steps per day.
Moving around throughout the day keeps your brain sharp and your body mobile.
12 January 2013