Exercise isn't just a means to an end in the quest for a beautiful body, there are many other benefits that you may not have thought about - the next time you feel like skipping class, read on.
1. To keep your weight under control - perhaps this seems like an obvious one, but none the less it is well worth remembering. Regular exercise will help you to maintain your ideal weight - much less hassle than the latest fad diet.
2. Boost your mood. High intensity exercise like Glow Cycle will boost your endorphins and GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid) levels, which will improve your mood no end.
3. Boost your immune system. Are you prone to picking up colds? Exercising helps to boost the cells in your body that fight bacteria because your heart and lungs are working more efficiently.
4. Keep your heart healthy. Heart Disease is a serious problem in the UK. Exercise will strengthen your heart and improve its functionality.
5. Get a good night's sleep. Getting a full eight hours sleep will help your body to recharge and mean you're ready to take on whatever the next day may throw at you. Glow Yoga Bliss, restorative yoga classes will teach you relaxation tips that will help you get your Zzzzzz's.
6. Improve your sex life. Not only will you feel more confident in your body with exercise, studies show regular exercise can lead to increased arousal for women, while active men are far less likely to experience erectile dysfunction. Our Dynamic Glow Yoga classes will also help improve flexibility. Your friends will envy your 'morning after glow'.
7. Get great skin. Sweating is great for opening up pores and helping you shed dead layers of skin to reveal a much fresher complexion. Our infrared heated studios also boost collagen production - join a Glow Ballet Tone class to kill two birds with one stone.
8. Improved eye health. Strange as it may seem - a study by Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science found that regular exercise may be linked to a decreased risk of developing glaucoma. Jump on a Power Plate to keep your peepers sparkling.
9. Sharper mind. Exercise helps increase blood flow to the brain - so why not join a lunch time class and avoid a caramel latte in the afternoon?
10. Live Longer. Want the secret to eternal youth? Exercise! A Taiwanese study found that even as little 15 minutes of physical activity a day can improve life expectancy by up to three years. To top up your active minutes, check out Director, Nahid's 15 minute-workout in Women's Health.
5 February 2014