Good Vibes Barre Teacher Training
The Good Vibes 1 day Barre course is intelligently sequenced and will teach you how to deliver balanced barre flow classes. We focus on moving in multiplanes, spirals, rotations and circular movements to juice up the joints, move your clients out of their habitual patterns and give them a compelling feminine workout to feel-good music that will improve their mobility, flexibility, strength, posture and cultivate awareness of their fluid body.
Who is it for?
Movement teachers from these disciplines: Yoga; Pilates; Dance or group exercise instructors.
Why is this different to other barre courses?
The course is designed by Good Vibes Founder Nahid de Belgeonne, a yoga and somatic teacher and educator, who is a champion of mindful movement and intelligent teaching. The course draws on current anatomy and movement thinking so that the classes can be delivered for a range of bodies and abilities. The one day course is taught by popular Pilates and Barre teacher Harriet Heath.
Max capacity: 14
Price: £299 per student includes assessment.
Held at the Covent Garden studioBook Now
Yoga Teacher Emergency First Aid Course
This Yoga Teacher Emergency First Aid course includes the Emergency First Aid at Work (statutory) course, which complies with the current Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Successful students receive certificates to show that they are qualified to be First Aiders in the workplace for the next three years. The course complies with the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), Iynegar, Yoga Alliance and other accrediting body requirements for Yoga Teachers.
Who should attend?
• Qualified Yoga Teachers.
• Those on their Yoga Teacher BWY Diploma, Iyengar or Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training Courses.
• Yoga Teachers who have a first aid qualification which is due to expire.
• Health and safety (first aid) regulations
• Managing an incident
• The priorities of first aid
• Treatment of an unresponsive casualty
• Bleeding (including grazes, nose-bleeds and small wounds)
• Common Yoga Studio injuries (including a Question & Answer session)
• 7 hours including 2 x 15 minute tea breaks and 30 minutes lunchbreak
• A MGM Training Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years.
Held at the Fitzrovia studioBook Now
Bliss Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
This teacher training focuses on the art of teaching restorative yoga.
You will learn how to design compelling restorative yoga classes that are designed to help your clients find a grounding practice to complement their busy lives.
This training is for teachers and teacher trainees. It also meets BWY and Yoga Alliance UK and USA requirements for CPD.
The course is led by experienced yoga teachers and trainers Nahid de Belgeonne, Founder and Director of Good Vibes and Ling Mann.
Dates: Thursday 14th March to Sunday 17th March 2019
- Thursday 9am – 5.30pm
- Friday 9am – 6pm
- Saturday 9am – 6.30pm
- Sunday 9am – 6.30pm
What you will learn
- Restorative yoga, the background and the benefits
- The Principles of Restorative Yoga, setting up the conditions to rest.
- The Anatomy of rest
- Props 101: all you need to know about how to use props
- The most effective restorative yoga poses
- Posture modifications and alternative propping options
- How to observe your clients and adjust accordingly
- How to sequence a Bliss restorative class
- You will get hands on practise in small groups
- You will receive a manual with suggested class sequences
- You will enjoy a daily restorative practice
This 4 day course is experiential, workshop and lecture based. All students will be required to teach a 1 hour restorative class in small groups on the last day to be awarded their certificates.
Held at the Fitzrovia studio
Max capacity: 20 students